The Panther Press

Naperville North High School Orientation By Jacob Cao

Naperville North High School Orientation

By: Jacob Cao

On Tuesday, January 9th, students attending Naperville North in the fall attended an orientation where they walked some of the halls of the school and got brief overviews of each of the classes.

The orientation took place from 6:45 PM to 8:45 PM, leaving only nine minutes for each period plus four minute passing periods. This shortened schedule only allowed the teachers to go over the basics of each course as well as the progression throughout four years.

Panthers with older siblings may already have their four years completely planned out; however, the orientation still presented a great opportunity to get a feel of the school as well as meet some of the teachers. The orientation also cleared up any confusion about electives and how many credits of fine arts/CTE a student would need to graduate. Additionally, Panthers taking AP World History had the opportunity to look at the textbook and see how hard the class would be. Students were also given a period to explore the various science classes in a science fair-like environment. The Spanish director gave a presentation about the foreign language options that a student would have, but many students were already pretty confident about their choice due to the CTE and World Language departments visiting Kennedy in December.

Many students went into the orientation thinking that Naperville North was a very large school, which it is, but after the orientation, it felt much smaller. Whether a student has an older sibling who is bursting to plan out their four years or they are the oldest child, high school will undoubtedly be a great experience.

GO HUSKIES!