The Panther Press

Basketball: Kennedy Vs. Hill

Kennedy vs. Hill

By: James Ahn

The score was 36-17 and with merely 30 seconds on the clock, the Hill Trailblazers were struggling to keep their game. As they went in to score another desperate point, the ball was stolen by the Kennedy Eagles. The Kennedy players moved into a fast break, leaving Hill struggling to catch up and block the final shot. With ten seconds left in the game and the ball in the hands of Robby Marlowe, the odds were not looking very good for the Trailblazers. But when  Marlowe picked up his dribble half way down the court, the Hill player guarding him immediately lunged for the ball, trying to strip it from Marlowe’s grasp. Before he knew it, the buzzer let out its last resounding cry, ending the game and leading the KJHS AA basketball team to a “hard fought” victory.

On Tuesday, November 21, the Kennedy Eagles stayed at home to face the Hill Trailblazers who traveled to KJHS to challenge the Eagles. Both the A and AA teams felt confident before the game. One player from the A game, Nikhil Sathyanathan, said, “I feel good, I feel strong, and I feel like we can get the win today.” Joseph Tennyson, a player from the AA game, said, “I feel very good, very good.” Both the A and AA teams fought hard and came out with a victory against the Trailblazers.

The beginning of both games started out fairly slow. In the AA game, both the Eagles and the Trailblazers fought to crawl ahead of each other, but Kennedy finally pulled ahead, keeping the Hill team at a score of 17 points. “I believe that we played well. We all played well and we had good ball movement,” said Joseph Tennyson. However, when asked what the team could do better next time,, he said, “We can improve on finishing at the basket and hitting all of our shots.”

Both the A and AA teams played very well and were able to outscore the Hill Trailblazers. With A and AA holding records of 3-1 and both teams being consisted of strong players, a great season should be expected from both teams in the future.