The student news site of Kennedy Jr. High School

The Panther Press

Girls Basketball

Maisie Li, Sports Editor

Monday, March 6th marked the date of the last home game for our Kennedy 8th Grade Girls basketball team. While memories were made and games were celebrated, the lady eagles can all agree the season flew by too quickly. KJHS is sad to see the talented players go but excited as the end of one season comes a new.

Through good games and bad games, the A and AA teams never stopped smiling while they kept in mind what was really important. Besides dribbling, handwork, and shooting, our athletes took the season to make new friends, have great experiences, and enjoy the feeling of belonging to a team. Win or lose, the girls only care about how they’ve enjoyed playing on the court or cheering from the benches. Our 8th grade lady eagles faced 7 tough losses and two glorious wins so far, hoping to score more before the season is officially over. Kennedy Lady Eagles have played hard and strong the entire season, and, with help from Coach Getting and Coach Harper, they can redirect the vivacious energy for games to come.

With one final game before their district-wide tournament, athletes are anxious and excited to give it their all as a final push of 2017’s girl’s basketball season. Their last away game will be one to remember. After that, the single-elimination tournament will begin and stretch over course of many days. Both single-A and double-A teams will play: 10 girls on each team, 5 on the court at a time. An aura of tension will rise over the school after Thursday the 9th that will last until the tournament is over. The prospect of their performance is undoubtedly energetic and anticipating because the Lady Eagles have their entire school standing with them.